Join the team!
An exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer has arisen at our Worthing Branch, just a few minutes’ walk from Worthing town centre. With a generous salary and regular bonuses, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Chartered (or near Chartered) Senior Structural Engineer.
To apply: email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary: Starting at £35,000, up to £60,000 depending on experience and suitability.
- Generous bonus
- 3+ years’ experience working as a structural engineer
- Current design and drawing experience
- Strong IT capabilities including current working knowledge of Microsoft Office and autoCAD
- Full driving licence
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to climb ladders, enter loft spaces, and other physical activities essential to the job including the ability to cope with heights
- Legible hand calculations
- Experience of Contract Administration
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of British Standards and Building Regulations
- Chartered or near Chartered status
- Strong degree in relevant subject
- Ability to deal directly with clients, suppliers and contractors in a professional manner with minimal supervision
- Party Wall Surveyor experience
- Conducting site visits, drafting reports and proposing remedial works
- Producing structural calculations, details and drawings to current British Standards and Building Regulations
- Advising on Building Regulations applications and tender documentation
- Carrying out design solutions in steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Providing on-site supervision
- Checking calculations
- Liaising with building control inspectors, clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Producing detailed working drawings and project documentation
- Supervising graduate engineers
About Philip Goacher Associates
Philip Goacher Associates was established in 1991 in Worthing, the largest town in West Sussex. The office is situated a few minutes’ walk from the town centre and the seafront, within 20 minutes of Brighton and 1.5 hours’ train ride of London. In 2022 we opened a Haslemere Branch, too, to enable us to deliver our structural services to more of the south east and London.
Our projects range from simple structural reports and designs for domestic properties to major renovation projects worth up to £5million, and our clients include homeowners, managing agents, insurance companies and loss adjusters.
Areas of work: a major part of our business tends to be working on interesting Grade I and II Listed buildings in Brighton and the surrounding areas, and we cover areas including East Sussex, West Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Surrey and London.
We are a friendly, supportive office and offer the right candidate a generous salary, bonuses, and opportunities to progress within the company.