Contract administration, sometimes called project management, makes sure that construction projects run smoothly, mistakes are avoided, and the works are completed on time and within budget.
Why Contract Administration is important
Large projects – such as new builds, extensions, large property refurbishments, etc – can be complicated and daunting. When we act as Contract Administrators, we become the intermediary between you (our Client) and the contractor, which makes your life a whole lot easier during what can be a very stressful time. We manage the build, answer the contractor’s queries, attend site to monitor progress and undertake regular valuations to make sure the project stays on track and there are no nasty surprises.
More about what we offer…
We offer a full contract administration service, from the design stages of a project up to practical completion and sign-off with Building Control. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Provide the structural calculations and drawings required for the project.
- Create a Schedule of Works for the project and obtain competitive tenders from various contractors on our Approved Contractors list.
- Liaise with the client, contractors, building surveyors, architects, insurance companies, managing agents, etc.
- Help the project to meet Building Regulations and Health and Safety standards.
- Act proactively to help keep costs down by monitoring the works to reduce delays.
- Troubleshoot any issues which arise so that the project is not derailed.
- Assess the project as it goes and ensure all aspects are completed to a high standard.
- Ensure all ‘snagging’ items are fixed/completed.
- Re-inspect the property at completion to Sign Off and issue any Structural Certificates, if necessary.
- Create a maintenance schedule for the coming years to ensure the property is maintained to a high standard.